Welcome to The Wexford — a wonderful way of life!
Independent Living is designed specifically for senior adults who want to enjoy a lifestyle filled with recreational, educational, and social activities. The Wexford is for seniors who are able to live on their own, but desire the security and conveniences of community living.
Choosing independent living offers those a lifestyle where housework, yard maintenance, snow removal, trash service, and meal preparation are a thing of the past. Socialization and camaraderie with peers is the focal point of living in an independent living environment, three meals a day, pursue leisure interests, go on day trips and be secure in the fact that staff are available 24 hours, 7 days a week in case of emergency.
The Wexford is open for walk-in tours weekdays from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Evenings and weekends tours by appointment, call 667-1900.
"Mom speaks highly of the staff and especially appreciates the transportation services, activities, special program and her big patio! The Wexford provides a caring environment without denying her independence. Mom’s bountiful interest in the world, people and ideas continues to stimulate her intellectually, socially and emotionally. For that I am eternally grateful." –Mary Zorn, Betty Ela’s daughter
1515 West 28th Street
Loveland, Colorado 80538
- Floor Plans
- Meal Service:
- Three Meals a Day
- Full Service Chef Prepared Lunches and Dinners
- Extensive Breakfast Buffet
- 6 Guest Meal Credits a Month – invite your friends and family!
- Private Dining Room available for family gatherings & private parties
- Full Kitchen available in Activity Room
- Beverage Bar (free) available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Weekly Housekeeping:
- Professional staff clean each apartment
- Linens and towels are laundered
- Bed linens are changed and the bed made each week.
- Light bulbs are replaced in apartment light fixtures
- Recycling provided
- Empty and disposal of trash
- Personal Laundry Facilities:
- Laundry rooms with washer and dryer are located on each floor
- Convenient folding counter and clothes hanging rod
- Van Transportation:
- Comfortable, climate-controlled transportation provided by professional drivers
- Wheelchair accessible vans available
- Easy system for scheduling transportation at front desk
- Local transportation for activities, personal outings, shopping trips, medical appointments, etc.
- Friendly and Helpful Drivers who escort you to the door both coming and going!
- Emergency Services:
- 24 hour maintenance staff
- Emergency pull-cords in each apartment in bedrooms & bathrooms
- Staff member on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays
- Security Cameras at all doors and monitored by the front desk staff
- Campus patrolled by security company nightly
- AMENITIES AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE:
- Beauty and Barber Shop
- One and Two Bedroom Guest Apartments with Breakfast included - Prospective residents stay free! Try out the activities, chef prepared meals, meet the staff, other residents and it’s all free.
- Three Chef prepared meals a day are included with your monthly rent. Enjoy one, two or three meals a day – you choose!
- Both our Lunch and Dinner meals are ordered restaurant style and are served by our cheerful wait staff.
- Breakfast features a hearty buffet allowing you to choose between a variety of selections including fresh fruit, yogurts, hot and cold cereals, breads and muffins and a hot breakfast entrée that varies daily.
- MENUS Our restaurant inspired menu changes weekly and always offers at least 5 enticing entrée options, a sandwich of the week choice, as well as a menu of alternative selections. In addition, you can help yourself to our extensive salad bar featuring a variety of greens and over 12 different salad toppings. There is always a hot and hearty home-made soup to accompany your meal as well. Top off your meal with a variety of tempting dessert selections.
- GUEST MEALS Having your family and friends join you for a meal is important! That’s why we give every resident 6 free guest credits per month to use as they please. If you don’t use them all up in one month, you may carry them over to the next month for a possible accumulation of twelve. Have a party and invite everyone!
- HOLIDAY BUFFETS We love to show off. That’s why 4 times a year (Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas) we throw special Holiday Buffet events so that we can impress you, your family and friends with our chefs’ culinary talents you don’t get to see every day. These are very exceptional occasions and the menu selections vary from year to year. We also have fun themed-centered champagne brunches several times a year.
We love to attend Loveland’s community events such as the summer Concerts in the Park, Loveland Performing Arts Association, Loveland Concert Band and our local museums and galleries. And of course we have front row seats to all the 4th of July fireworks over Lake Loveland. Pull out a lawn chair, grab a bag of popcorn and you’re ready to watch!
- In-house programs may include:
- Parties, Celebrations and Socials
- Live Entertainment
- Variety of Exercise Classes with certified instructors
- Exercise bicycles for independent exercise
- Activity program
- Access to Wellness Center at Lakeview Commons
- Guest speakers and educational programs
- Cards / Games / Crafts
- Picnics and Scenic Drives
- Group Cooking with our Chef
- Casino Trips
- Shopping and Restaurant Outings
- Book Club
- Spiritual Services / In House Chaplain
- *Columbine Club events and much more!
- Services Provided:
- Blood Pressure Clinic / Hearing Clinic / Foot Care Clinic / Massage / Manicurist / Computer Assistance (no fee) / Laundry Services / Shredding / Notaries on site
- Additional Amenities:
- Library / Fireside Room / Workshop / Wex-Mart (a mini Wal Mart) / Pool Table / Oven-Stove (in Activity Room)
*Columbine Club meets quarterly and is comprised of the three Independent Living Facilities of Columbine Health Systems. We gather for social functions, including but not limited to: entertainment, special events, educational programs, themed meals, etc. Most functions occur at the Drake Center in Fort Collins while some may occur at an alternate sight, such as a local park or events center.
- Each Apartment Includes:
- Kitchens with full size refrigerator/freezer, double sink with garbage disposal, microwave, and plenty of cupboard space
- Emergency pull cords in bathrooms and bedrooms
- Grab bars by tubs, showers and toilets
- Large double paned windows with mini-blinds
- All utilities included (except phone)
- Cable TV service
- Real estate taxes and insurance (except personal property)
- Resident controlled, easy to read thermostat in every apartment
- Hot water heat and air conditioning
- Spacious walk-in closets
- Small pets are allowed
- Large patios and balconies off each apartment
click on the floor plans to view a large image
466 Square Feet
615 Square Feet
|ONE BEDROOM PLUS DEN
700 Square Feet
|TWO BEDROOM ONE BATH
900 Square Feet
|TWO BEDROOM TWO BATH
940 Square Feet